2/14/11

A Modern Pa Ingalls

Columnist Doug Giles is slightly wacky and bawdy ... but he's also an adventuresome padre, the father of two comely young ladies.

He explains why he took his teen daughter, Regis, bear hunting in the Last Frontier: "Dangerous? You want to talk danger? This toxic culture is more dangerous than any hunting grounds I’ve been on from Alaska to Africa. It’s poisonous. I determined long ago that I didn’t want my girls to be a part ... So I decided that to keep them from becoming the next adolescent train wrecks, one of the essential ingredients would be a regular dose of the irregular wild, especially hunting. Yep, my plan was to inoculate them from becoming Anna Nicole Smiths of the new millennium via the vaccine of pursuing venison."

You just gotta read the whole thing!

No comments: