7/24/11

Potter Mania: I Liked 'The End' of The End

My Miami-residing mom is in town and wanted to go to the movies, so we elected to go to the least offensive of the choices at the local cinema - Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2.

The other one being Transformers: Dark of the Moon.

Wizards with wands beat out autobots-n-bimbo.

I've been out-of-the-loop about the 'Potter' franchise, so I was startled when I was handed this pair of glasses by the usher:







Oh, I get it. A 3-D movie. Duh.

This was my first time watching a full-length flick this way.

Honestly, I thought it'd be an uncomfortable experience. I wasn't looking forward to sitting in a dimly-light room, for two hours, wearing dark spectacles.

(And, guess what? Transformers is also 3-D.)

Truthfully, the special effects are spectacular, and the movie wasn't as 'dark,' (in more ways than one) as I anticipated.


Anyone else seen it, or thinking of going?




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Couldn't agree more! 3-D movies are extremely intense at times and make the cinematic experience more enjoyable, if they don't require you to take out yet another loan in our rapidly deteriorating financial environment. . . A fantastic movie with some deep, spiritual messages. A big 5 star rating from this guy.
-TheGREENmachine

TCC said...

I didn't see it at an IMAX which must be ever more intense (and more expensive).