6/17/10

Political Correctness in Havre, Montana

The ACLU-Montana division goes after Montana State University-Northern, located in Havre, for allowing an evangelical pastor to lead the invocation and benediction at the school’s commencement ceremony. My take on the sorry controversy.

Related: Editor Andy Malby, of the Belgrade News, is excited about his new website.

The Havre Daily Corrector has more on this story. (The ACLU, that is, not the BN website). Go here and here. Quite a 'poem' from one of the complaining profs - eeuuww!

7/1 Update: I heard back from Pastor Tim Zerger. He told me that the ACLU is no longer pursuing this matter; he also shared what he actually prayed at the graduation.

States Pastor Zerger: "Just for your information I never did speak about Jesus as personal Savior or in having a personal relationship, though I believe in these things. I just asked Jesus to bless the students."

No comments: