8/19/12

Sunday Inspiration: Using our Gifts

Track-and-field star Allyson Felix (pictured, right), who struck gold at the 2012 London Olympics, has stated, "For me, my faith is the reason I run. I definitely feel I have this amazing gift that God has blessed me with, and it's all about using it to the best of my ability."

Two observations.

First, Miss Felix expresses herself like that, due to her religious roots. Her dad, Dr. Paul Felix is a professor of the New Testament at the conservative The Master's Seminary in Sun Valley, California.

Second, I believe God has given each of us a special gift (or talent, if you will). While we may not earn an Olympic spot exercising our gifts, I also believe we will experience the joy that Allyson must have experienced when she mounted the podium to receive her medals.

4 comments:

Allan Wall said...

Thanks for sharing that. They didn't tell me about Allyson's faith on NBC!

TCC said...

Me, neither. Although in some of her
post-race interviews she did mention the Lord.

Allan Wall said...

OK, I didn't hear those. I did however hoar Gabby Douglas sharing her faith in interviews, and the interviewer didn't follow up on it, of course.

TCC said...

Allyson was low-key about it; it wasn't as obvious as Gabby's comments.